Friday, October 10, 2008

From Heather's Blog

Heather has a bunch of good stuff on her blog. I like this story she told at the LA memorial (please note the food motif):
"I related how Peter and I met, in San Francisco, how I used to see him at punk rock shows. I think it was at a Dead Kennedy gig that he came over and started talking to me. He wanted us to play music together, kept bugging me for my phone number. I resisted. I was very alienated, depressed, wanted nothing to do with anyone, especially men. One night after a party we shared a cab back to my place and against what I thought was my better judgement, I invited him in and that was when it all started between us. A few weeks later, around Christmas, I was ruminating in my tiny, rented room when he called, again, and wanted to come over. I hate Christmas, was trying to pretend it wasn’t Christmas but I said, “Okay, come over.” I was miserable. He was working in a restaurant and when he walked in, sat down and dumped out a backpack of goodies that he’d swiped-chocolate cake (oh yeah, he zeroed in on my weaknesses) oranges, nuts, turkey breasts and then he pulled out a tiny, potted Christmas tree replete with decorations!"
- Heather Haley, http://heatherhaley.com/onelife/

No comments: