Friday, June 5, 2009

Poem from Heidi, AKA Aeriel


Leafy Man, photo by Peter Haskell


Heidi writes: "Peter and I were very close in Los Angeles for many years. I stayed with him a lot when he had his apartment in Echo Park, and in the garage in West Hollywood, underneath the apartment of the crazy monkey trainer. I lost touch with him years ago, when one day, I went to his West Hollywood place, and found he had moved. I could not get a forwarding address or telephone number from anyone."

For Peter
Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Everybody wants to talk to the dead
The unfinished business
The words unsaid

I would give anything to tell you now
The way I feel,
But yet, somehow

It is too late
Now that you're gone
Yet somehow, my life must go on

If you could hear me, I would say
I'M SORRY that I went AWAY
And disappeared without a trace
As i have done, place after place

As I will do, time after time
For I am deaf, dumb, mute
And blind.

Heidi Drake
(a.k.a Aerial Wolfe)

1 comment:

Aerial said...

For the past few days, I have carried my camera to work, to friend's houses, etc... Planning to photograph the soon-to-end chapter that I have written in my life regarding Illinois.....

But when I found out that my wonderful friend Peter was killed, I somehow became completely "gun shy" (pardon the pun) of the camera.....

It is as if I have this completely psychotic fear of REMEMBERING...people......
What the hell??!!!??!! I just can't bring myself to pull the camera out of it's case!

I wonder if I will ever take another photograph of ANYONE?????